120 Gallon ADA "like"

plantbrain

I actually got around to doing this aquarium finally

redonetankstand.jpg

e0f4a8b7.jpg

71005dbd.jpg

b470c699.jpg

5862f9f8.jpg

You can see the duct tape around the lip of the sump.

A simple CO2 system, Victor reg, Clippard in line check valve, burket solenoid, and Nupro valve with vernier micrometer handle. Feed into the intake of the needle wheel and into the return. Lots of sponge and bioballs. Clear PVC return.

I'll be getting a lot petite Anubias in a few days and will tie them to the wood.

The tank is 120 cm x 80cm x 40cm

It will likely be an West African theme

Posted Image
Partilhar nas redes sociais

I thought you had already assembled this tank=P saw something about it in APC or somewhere else...

Nice to see more pics then=)

Great stump, but a wii bit too shallow of a tank to me=( You could have gotten a bit deeper and a lot more out of that sexy tree trunk!=)

Still 120G is a lot! What are the biggest dimensions on the height? 40? Maybe its just optical illusion!

Anyways, I like it! Too bad it doesnt have stems, but its good to see a nice aquatic lawn! It can be as hard to keep as a full stemmed intensive tank.

Editado por gervas

I NEVER post at APC, and have not since being banned some years ago. It is not like they offer me advice :flick_tongue:

Maybe TPT or the BR?

The idea is to have the stump 1/2 in and 1/2 out of the water. It will be covered with Anubias, which are actually not an aquatic plant in natural systems. The plants will act much like leaves on a tree and the roots will grow and hang down, giving a two split level view of the tree, a sort of flooded forest effect. I observe many locations in nature where I see emergent plants and they grow deep down into the water.

The aquarium would have to be 2x as large to accommodate the wood 100% submersed.

If you have an open top aquarium, why not use it?

Posted Image