New 120 Gallon Dutch style with Nature style hardscape

plantbrain

Ludwigia sphaerocarpa is looking good right now. Not sure why really, it's weird sometimes post trims and gets a little wrinkly, but I've hacked it and few times now and it's just fine and the color is still becoming richer.

I want to move the Trithuria sp, blood vomits. I think they will look best in a row. But where to put that row?

I'd likely put something like Belem hair grass or maybe the Monte carlo again.

Added the Fissidens moss to the branches that make a border around that section.

The Erio compressum's have done well thus far.

No floating. I split them into a couple more plants once I got them from Aaron, but I counts another 3 on one group and another 3 on another ans at least 2 on the 3rd plant.

So they are growing and doing well in this tank. They are so nice, it would suck if they did not:rolleyes:

So the 3 problems sections for now:

1. The Rear Left side(see below)

2. The Blood vomits(sounds like my friend's old punk rock band, the blood farmers)

3. The rear right side.

I'm okay with these issues for now and have a couple of options.

But I want to maximize the return for ease of care, stability of growth patterns, able to sell the plants for a decent return and most importantly,a nice look and eclectic species.

Weighing all these demands is never an easy choice, you can quickly chose a few, but as you get towards the end of the location spots in the tank, and the picky behavior due to placement location in the tank to different plant preferences, well..........

Roiwsofweeds_zps9bfc861d.jpg

Fulltank12-30_zps86bc71bc.jpg

I have some issues here, I'd like to move the Syngonanthus urapues over to the left, but it's too dark for it under the branch. I could try and pack more soil back in there and that would raise the level up more, but that will be tough over time.

I could call the Fissidens branch a green row and then move the Cuphea back one spot and add Rotala sunset in the more forward section where the Cuphea is now. Both the Syngonanthus and the Rotala need open areas and good current and CO2 to do well.

leftside_zpsbdd2fc38.jpg

• Votar + 2
Posted Image
Partilhar nas redes sociais

• 3 semanas depois...

Tom, this tank is making history. Lots of healthy plants have been in this aquarium.

The Syngonanthus is some kind of new plant? I know that it's (still?) rare and I think i've not seen it anywhere else. It's lovely.

You comments about Syngonanthus and Rotala means that it also needs lots of light or just enough current?

Pedro.

PS: We're missing your latest video of this aquarium over here ;)

Pedro.

Atuais: Risa (60l)

Descontinuados: Dutch by the book (300l) Dark Land (300l)  Lost Nature (60l)  Wabi-kuza II (38 cm)  Utopia (60l) The Forsaken World (300l) by the Forest Shore (60l) Green&Grey" (300l) Beach Cliff (60l) Valley Roots (300l) Throught the Distance (300l) Utopia (60l)

Partilhar nas redes sociais

Este tópico tem mais de 6 meses de antiguidade... Se fizer sentido, por favor considere criar um novo tópico em vez de reactivar este. Obrigado!