Dúvida Rã aquário

Boa noite, 

Tenho duas rãs no aquário comunitário... e aparentemente uma delas foi insuflada (lol).

Gostaria de saber a vossa opinião...o que raio se está a passar ?! o que devo fazer?

Envio um link com as imagens porque para já..não sei colocar de outra forma.😕

https://we.tl/t-HSjW4qXUpC

Partilhar nas redes sociais

Não parece estar prenha pelo que deve estar doente.

Eu se fosse a ti retirava ela do aquário para não contagiar a outra, os mesmo os peixes.

Como as ras respiram oxigénio diretamente podes coloca-la em uma marmita dentro do proprio aquário e sempre que a agua fique turva deitas ela fora e colocas mais agua do proprio aquário, mas nunca deixes a agua dela cair para dentro do aquario.

Eu também já tive ras no aquario comunitario e era muito fixe ve-las, tanto mais que em água aquente elas crescem muito rápido, mas atenção que elas comem peixes. Chegaram a comer-me todos os Neon e alguns Guppys.

• 2 semanas depois...

Sabes o nome cientifico delas para procurar informação?

Infelizmente a foto está indisponivel.. experimente introduzir aqui no fórum

É complicado receberes boas informações dado que é raro alguém manter rãs por aqui, no entanto, ajudava se dissesses tudo sobre o aquário, parâmetros da água, tipo de alimentação etc quanto mais informações tivermos melhor.

Aquários Ativos: Tanganyika Tank  

Desde já agradeço a ajuda. 🙂

Envio a informação necessária (penso eu!). Obrigado, aguardo feedback.

Aquario : 100x55x55 (300 Litros)

Nh3 : 0,007 ppm
NH4 : 108,65 ppb
PH : 7,24 (subiu infelizmente)
Temp : 24,7º
O2 : 8,3

Filtro: EHEIM Professionel 4+ 600

Habitantes:
3 Danios verdes; 17 néons; 11 cardinais; 1 Plecotomus Leopardo; 1 ancistro albino macho; 6 corydoras starbay; 1 corudora albina; 3 corydoras paleatus; 3 comedores de algas siameses; 2 "mini" escalares; 2 rãs; +- 15 caracóis Helenas;

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

large.Aquario.jpglarge_02.jpglarge_01.jpg

• Gosto 1

As rás terem adoecido não tem nada a ver com os parâmetros da agua, pois elas dão-se em qualquer tipo de agua e a temperatura da agua até está baixa, pelo que também não é por isso.

São muito mais resistentes que os peixes.

O problema é que para além de ser muito difícil identificar qual a doença (eu pela foto só vejo ela muito inchada, e os peixes quando ficam assim inchados não têm cura, o melhor é sacrifica-los mesmo) e como também não há remedios para o tratamento das ras (pelo menos que eu conheça) acho melhor sacrificar a rã do que colocar em perigo os peixes e a outra rã.

Primeiro de tudo tens aí um belo pleco.

Agora sobre a rã lê isto com atenção:

My frog’s body is very swollen or it is always floating on the water surface.

I call frogs with this condition “balloon frogs”. The first step to prevent this illness is to give the frogs a varied diet.
There are different opinions about the reasons for this illness, which has at least two different forms with very similar symptoms:

fluid under the skin:
The fluid is thought to be lymph fluid. The illness seems to correspond with “Hydrops” in tropical fish. The cause of hydrops is viruses, which are present in every fish tank. In principle there are some circumstances, which (in combination) can cause this illness:
too much and too frequent feeding of red mosquito larvae (bloodworms), mainly live bloodworms
stress
insufficient Calcium
bad osmotic pressure difference
Some aquarists believe that live or frozen bloodworms (red mosquito larvae) with the hooks on their body can hurt the frogs internally. Live bloodworms probably have the ability to bite.
In my experience too much, and too frequent, feeding of bloodworms is related to this form of “balloon frog” illness. Furthermore, it is not caused only by low quality or bad bloodworms. Some years ago I had a quick succession of “balloon frogs” that were fed on live bloodworm. I believe you have to be very careful. A German pipidae.de user told me that her frogs regurgitated live bloodworms one and a half days after feeding them.
The most reliable information for treating the illness I got from another German pipidae.de user. She took her ill frogs to a veterinary surgeon and got a medicine called Borgal from Bayer. She gave 1 millilitre of Borgal 7.5% per each litre water with good results. Another vet gave her ROTA-TS 500mg (1 tablet per 7 litres of water – active substances: Trimethoprim und Sulfadimidinum). She gave it to her frogs and after 24 hours the liquid had reduced by 50%. You can also use Borgal 24% or Kokzitiol but you must use the correct dosage. Another vet thought that kidney failure could also be a reason for “balloon frogs”.
He recommended the frequent use of marine or sea salt (Jodinium-free) to make the osmotic pressure lower. You can start with 1mg per litre then raise it raise to 3mg per litre. This at least eases the symptoms.
If there is fluid under the skin do NOT raise the water temperature! This will only kill the frogs faster!
In Xenopus laevis it is known that frequent puncturing of the skin to release the fluid helps the frogs to live for several years with the illness.
“Hydrops” is a deficiency symptom. Frequent feeding of (chopped) earthworms is good for prevention. They contain a lot of Calcium. Although you can give multivitamin preparations, the quoted veterinary surgeon recommends Korvimin ZVT Reptil (1.5 gramms per 1 litre). The frogs of the keeper mentioned above lost all “balloon frog” symptoms after several months of weekly treatment.

air under the skin:
In these cases you can raise the water temperature in a separate tank to 31°C (88°F) for several hours. If the frogs defecate you can put them back in their main tank.

Editado por Brunomcc2000
  • Votar + 1

há 13 minutos, Brunomcc2000 disse:

Primeiro de tudo tens aí um belo pleco.

Agora sobre a rã lê isto com atenção:

My frog’s body is very swollen or it is always floating on the water surface.

I call frogs with this condition “balloon frogs”. The first step to prevent this illness is to give the frogs a varied diet.
There are different opinions about the reasons for this illness, which has at least two different forms with very similar symptoms:

fluid under the skin:
The fluid is thought to be lymph fluid. The illness seems to correspond with “Hydrops” in tropical fish. The cause of hydrops is viruses, which are present in every fish tank. In principle there are some circumstances, which (in combination) can cause this illness:
too much and too frequent feeding of red mosquito larvae (bloodworms), mainly live bloodworms
stress
insufficient Calcium
bad osmotic pressure difference
Some aquarists believe that live or frozen bloodworms (red mosquito larvae) with the hooks on their body can hurt the frogs internally. Live bloodworms probably have the ability to bite.
In my experience too much, and too frequent, feeding of bloodworms is related to this form of “balloon frog” illness. Furthermore, it is not caused only by low quality or bad bloodworms. Some years ago I had a quick succession of “balloon frogs” that were fed on live bloodworm. I believe you have to be very careful. A German pipidae.de user told me that her frogs regurgitated live bloodworms one and a half days after feeding them.
The most reliable information for treating the illness I got from another German pipidae.de user. She took her ill frogs to a veterinary surgeon and got a medicine called Borgal from Bayer. She gave 1 millilitre of Borgal 7.5% per each litre water with good results. Another vet gave her ROTA-TS 500mg (1 tablet per 7 litres of water – active substances: Trimethoprim und Sulfadimidinum). She gave it to her frogs and after 24 hours the liquid had reduced by 50%. You can also use Borgal 24% or Kokzitiol but you must use the correct dosage. Another vet thought that kidney failure could also be a reason for “balloon frogs”.
He recommended the frequent use of marine or sea salt (Jodinium-free) to make the osmotic pressure lower. You can start with 1mg per litre then raise it raise to 3mg per litre. This at least eases the symptoms.
If there is fluid under the skin do NOT raise the water temperature! This will only kill the frogs faster!
In Xenopus laevis it is known that frequent puncturing of the skin to release the fluid helps the frogs to live for several years with the illness.
“Hydrops” is a deficiency symptom. Frequent feeding of (chopped) earthworms is good for prevention. They contain a lot of Calcium. Although you can give multivitamin preparations, the quoted veterinary surgeon recommends Korvimin ZVT Reptil (1.5 gramms per 1 litre). The frogs of the keeper mentioned above lost all “balloon frog” symptoms after several months of weekly treatment.

air under the skin:
In these cases you can raise the water temperature in a separate tank to 31°C (88°F) for several hours. If the frogs defecate you can put them back in their main tank.

Desde já obrigado pela ajuda.

Fiquei um bocado sem o que fazer, acho que vou ter que ler com calma e ponderar o que fazer...

Relativamente à alimentação, basicamente..não lhes dou especialmente nada.. comem o que vai havendo no aquário! :s

Vou ver o que consigo fazer para a ajudar a ultrapassar esta "graaaaandeee" fase. xD

Obrigado mais uma vez!

Um conselho: tira a rá para outro aquario pequeno ou coloca ela dentro de uma marmita dentro do próprio aquário  para fazer esses tratamentos (mesmo o do sal) porque senão as tuas plantas vão sofrer forte com isso. E os peixes pequenos também.

Se é só a rã que está doente não apliques os remedios em todo o aquario.

Um conselho: tira a rá para outro aquario pequeno ou coloca ela dentro de uma marmita dentro do próprio aquário  para fazer esses tratamentos (mesmo o do sal) porque senão as tuas plantas vão sofrer forte com isso. E os peixes pequenos também.
Se é só a rã que está doente não apliques os remedios em todo o aquario.

Principalmente por causa do pleco, sal e plecos não se dão muito bem.

Enviado do meu RNE-L21 através do Tapatalk

Dado que não há por aí medicação para rãs disponível em qualquer loja de animais o melhor é levar a rã a um veterinário para que te digam qual a medicação que deves comprar e onde a poderás encontrar.