(EN) How to make the best photo as possible of your planted tank

Contests are coming. But how do you make the best final shot as possible?

Some info about settings, equipment and setup.

• Gosto 3
Partilhar nas redes sociais

Here is an example of using external flash. I didn't share my full tank shot because I am entering contests with it. But here is a detail shot.
39490425075_055f08fb0c_k.jpgdetail shot forest scape by nigel aquascaping by Nigel H, on Flickr

• Gosto 3

What a great review you shared with  us  Nigel. If i may i would add another tip: have at least one pair of extra hands to help. And always shoot in RAW mode and after work with a dedicated software like Adobe Lightroom to ensure that the final result is what your eyes see everyday when watching your aquarium.

Good luck with your ranks this year.

há 17 horas, Tozé Nunes disse:

What a great review you shared with  us  Nigel. If i may i would add another tip: have at least one pair of extra hands to help. And always shoot in RAW mode and after work with a dedicated software like Adobe Lightroom to ensure that the final result is what your eyes see everyday when watching your aquarium.

Good luck with your ranks this year.

I hope I can help some people out. :)

Yeah I always shoot in RAW (forgot to add in video) and do post production in Photoshop. It makes a really big difference. I want to make a video about how to use photoshop to make the final shot perfect but I am scared to make a video of this. I know almost all scapers do post production but generally only cropping is allowed. So if I make a video about it I basically tell I am cheating lol..  Don't get me wrong adding hardscape, plants with photoshop is not done. But changing some contrast and adding sharpness really helps to make the photo to a "wow" factor.

Thanks my first time IAPLC :)

Editado por Nigel
  • Gosto 1
  • Votar + 1