ADA 45P - Mini Aquário da floresta de Nigel

Nigel

Seja bem vindo!

Olhe para o meu canal Obrigado!! http://www.youtube.com/nigelaquascaping

Hardscape

36708145513_0eb7ebc06e_b.jpghardscape planted day 1 by Nigel H, on Flickr

Dia 25
37627835100_15642e2872_k.jpgada 45p forest scape nigel day 25 by Nigel H, on Flickr

Dia 42

Dia 56
37713337395_4618fc9697_k.jpgada 45p forest day 56 by nigel aquascaping by Nigel H, on Flickr

Dia 86

Editado por Nigel
  • Gosto 4
  • Votar + 1
Partilhar nas redes sociais

Muito louco!

Qual é o setup?

• Gosto 1

Aqua: némesis

Setup

Specs planted tank aquarium
Tank ADA 45P
45x27x30 cm
34 litre

Lighting
Daytime eco 40

Hardscape
Lava rock
Spiderwood

Substrate
ADA Aqua Soil

Shrimp
35 Neocaridina heteropoda var. Yellow

Fish
Rasbora brigittae

Snails
3 Clithon sp.

Plants
fissidens fontanus
fissidens fox
flame moss
weeping moss
riccardia chamedryfolia
crepidomanes malabaricum
usuki moss
riccardia sp. graeffei
buce moss

Co2
Pressurized CO2 with a diffusor
Co2 checker edge (30 ppm)

Heater
Hydor eth 200 temperature 23 celcius

Filter
Eheim classic 150

• Gosto 1
  • Votar + 1

I like the scape a lot, as well as I like to see a member of another nationality to show what is done for there on the outside, thanks for share Nigel.

On 25-12-2017 at 16:44, Vera Santos disse:

I like the scape a lot, as well as I like to see a member of another nationality to show what is done for there on the outside, thanks for share Nigel.

Thanks Vera,

It is an honour that I can join this forum. Very nice scapes going on here in Portugal. I am from the Netherlands but forest scapes are not very common here. In fact I never found a dutch guy who made one. :p

Hi Nigel 

Fancy seeing you here. I love the look of your forest scape as I have been following your videos. I myself am a bit of a foreigner here, I am Portuguese, however I have only returned to Portugal a few weeks ago. Before I used to live in the UK, lived there for 10 years. I am not surprised by the level of aquascaping from the country as I kept following it from  a far. However its the way the hobby is lived here, I find that in the uk there was a huge drive to make the hobby easy, accessible and also low-maintenance. Which was not a problem, but it also meant knowledge was not so widespread, and its actually small for the size of the country, the drive to improve and know what was going on in the aquarium was not there for a lot of the hobbyists.

Here in Portugal they also want to make it easy for newcomers but I find that they are very scientific about it, they want to know what is going on inside the tank, and how things work.

The UK kind of rubbed on me, so I got used to the more easy low-maintenance methods. So I am also re-learning with the forum because here is where I first started. Went to a shop here and the owner asked me my water parameters in London, I was like, say what? I couldn't remember as I hadn't tested it in years as in the Uk most shops don't ask that, and its generally taught do a way with water testing. 

My Friend George Farmer says he hasn't tested any water in years. 

So its funny for me to come back here a re-learn another way of doing things. I also have a youtube channel called AQUAdesign and I am normally on facebook, I normally see your videos and posts, so I don't know if you see mine. 

Anyway all this to say welcome to the Aquariofilia.net the best forum in Portugal, to many of us it was the birthplace of our aquarium hobby. 

Nigel below I will translate what I wrote to the portuguese that may not understand English. 

Ola Nigel 

E um prazer ver-te por aqui. Gosto da aparencia do teu aquascape em forma de floresta que tenho seguido nos teus videos. Eu proprio sou um pouco estrangeiro por aqui, sou Portugues, mas apenas regressei a Portugal ha umas semanas. Antes disso eu vivia no Reino Unido, vivi la durante 10 anos. Nao estou surpreendido pelo nivel de aquascaping de Portugal porque eu fui seguindo ao longe. Mas noto diferencas na maneira como a aquariofilia se vive aqui. No Reino Unido havia um enfase para tornar a aquariofilia facil, accessivel e ao mesmo tempo de pouca manutencao. O que nao era um problema, mas tambem significava que o conhecimento nao se espalhava tanto e o hobby ate e pequeno para o tamanho do pais, a vontade de adquirir conhecimento nao existia para muitos aquariofilistas. 

Aqui em Portugal tambem se quer tornar a aquariofilia facil para os novatos, mas eu noto que eles sao muito mais scientificos e metodicos em como o fazem, eles querem saber o que se passa dentro do aquario e como as coisas funcionam. 

O reino unido influenciou-me um pouco e eu tornei-me um pouco habituado aos metodos de manutencao mais faceis. Por isso eu tambem estou a re- aprender com o forum porque aqui foi onde eu comecei inicialmente. Fui a uma loja aqui e o dono perguntou-me pelos parametros da minha agua em Londres, e fiquei de boca aberta. Nao me lembrava porque eu ja nao testo a minha agua a anos porque no reino unido a maioria das lojas nao pergunta e regra geral ensinam-nos que testar a agua e perda de tempo. 

O meu amigo George Farmer disse-me que ja nao testa a agua dele a anos. 

Por isso e engracado para mim voltar para aqui e re-aprender outra maneira de se fazer as coisas. Eu tambem tenho um canal de youtube chamado AQUAdesign e estou normalmente no facebook, eu costumo ver os teus videos e posts, por isso nao sei se tambem consegues ver os meus. 

De qualquer maneira tudo isto para dizer, Bem-vindo ao aquariofilia.net o melhor forum de Portugal e arredores, para muitos de nos foi onde comecamos. 

• Gosto 1

Aquadesign blog

Aquadesign by aquamaniac youtube

you can stop me...but you can't stop us all

há 8 horas, Bruno R. Carvalho disse:

Hi Nigel 

Fancy seeing you here. I love the look of your forest scape as I have been following your videos. I myself am a bit of a foreigner here, I am Portuguese, however I have only returned to Portugal a few weeks ago. Before I used to live in the UK, lived there for 10 years. I am not surprised by the level of aquascaping from the country as I kept following it from  a far. However its the way the hobby is lived here, I find that in the uk there was a huge drive to make the hobby easy, accessible and also low-maintenance. Which was not a problem, but it also meant knowledge was not so widespread, and its actually small for the size of the country, the drive to improve and know what was going on in the aquarium was not there for a lot of the hobbyists.

Here in Portugal they also want to make it easy for newcomers but I find that they are very scientific about it, they want to know what is going on inside the tank, and how things work.

The UK kind of rubbed on me, so I got used to the more easy low-maintenance methods. So I am also re-learning with the forum because here is where I first started. Went to a shop here and the owner asked me my water parameters in London, I was like, say what? I couldn't remember as I hadn't tested it in years as in the Uk most shops don't ask that, and its generally taught do a way with water testing. 

My Friend George Farmer says he hasn't tested any water in years. 

So its funny for me to come back here a re-learn another way of doing things. I also have a youtube channel called AQUAdesign and I am normally on facebook, I normally see your videos and posts, so I don't know if you see mine. 

Anyway all this to say welcome to the Aquariofilia.net the best forum in Portugal, to many of us it was the birthplace of our aquarium hobby. 

Nigel below I will translate what I wrote to the portuguese that may not understand English. 

Ola Nigel 

E um prazer ver-te por aqui. Gosto da aparencia do teu aquascape em forma de floresta que tenho seguido nos teus videos. Eu proprio sou um pouco estrangeiro por aqui, sou Portugues, mas apenas regressei a Portugal ha umas semanas. Antes disso eu vivia no Reino Unido, vivi la durante 10 anos. Nao estou surpreendido pelo nivel de aquascaping de Portugal porque eu fui seguindo ao longe. Mas noto diferencas na maneira como a aquariofilia se vive aqui. No Reino Unido havia um enfase para tornar a aquariofilia facil, accessivel e ao mesmo tempo de pouca manutencao. O que nao era um problema, mas tambem significava que o conhecimento nao se espalhava tanto e o hobby ate e pequeno para o tamanho do pais, a vontade de adquirir conhecimento nao existia para muitos aquariofilistas. 

Aqui em Portugal tambem se quer tornar a aquariofilia facil para os novatos, mas eu noto que eles sao muito mais scientificos e metodicos em como o fazem, eles querem saber o que se passa dentro do aquario e como as coisas funcionam. 

O reino unido influenciou-me um pouco e eu tornei-me um pouco habituado aos metodos de manutencao mais faceis. Por isso eu tambem estou a re- aprender com o forum porque aqui foi onde eu comecei inicialmente. Fui a uma loja aqui e o dono perguntou-me pelos parametros da minha agua em Londres, e fiquei de boca aberta. Nao me lembrava porque eu ja nao testo a minha agua a anos porque no reino unido a maioria das lojas nao pergunta e regra geral ensinam-nos que testar a agua e perda de tempo. 

O meu amigo George Farmer disse-me que ja nao testa a agua dele a anos. 

Por isso e engracado para mim voltar para aqui e re-aprender outra maneira de se fazer as coisas. Eu tambem tenho um canal de youtube chamado AQUAdesign e estou normalmente no facebook, eu costumo ver os teus videos e posts, por isso nao sei se tambem consegues ver os meus. 

De qualquer maneira tudo isto para dizer, Bem-vindo ao aquariofilia.net o melhor forum de Portugal e arredores, para muitos de nos foi onde comecamos. 

Thanks Bruno. I am subbed to your channel so I follow your videos to! :)

In terms of testing I like to keep it simple to. When I started the hobby I wanted to test everything but many people told me not to do. I like it that way. But my scapes are relative easy plants. If you want more red plants for example I think testing is good.

Why did you leave the UK if I may ask?

59 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Why did you leave the UK if I may ask?

I have two sons , one is 12 and the other 8 years old, they didn't adapt very well to the UK. The older has Aspergers syndrome and ADHD and he was struggling, in the UK despite the NHS being free there's little effort to help people with mental disorders. Schools don't really care about it either, so three years ago  me and my wife made the decision to send them home and we started preparing things to come too. This summer we just decided it was enough, we couldn't stay away from them anymore and they didn't want to go back, so we prepared everything to return home for Xmas for good. 

In Portugal despite what many people here may think the health service is good, and my son has had all the help he could to manage his ADHD and aspergers, on top of that the schools have given him the support he needed, at 9 he couldn't read or write a word, with proper support here in Portugal he is top of its class and has not failed a single year, and in the first year he had to work harder because he had to play catch up to everybody else. 

So basically my sons were the main reason, second was that I missed home. Portugal is a good country to live, its relatively quiet and peaceful and  I wanted to go away from the hectic life of London, there's no life and work balance there. You're either working or stuck on traffic and there's just too much stress. I just wanted a quieter for me. My hometown in Portugal is smaller than my neighbourhood in London, so it puts things into perspective. 

• Gosto 2

Aquadesign blog

há 10 horas, Bruno R. Carvalho disse:

I have two sons , one is 12 and the other 8 years old, they didn't adapt very well to the UK. The older has Aspergers syndrome and ADHD and he was struggling, in the UK despite the NHS being free there's little effort to help people with mental disorders. Schools don't really care about it either, so three years ago  me and my wife made the decision to send them home and we started preparing things to come too. This summer we just decided it was enough, we couldn't stay away from them anymore and they didn't want to go back, so we prepared everything to return home for Xmas for good. 

In Portugal despite what many people here may think the health service is good, and my son has had all the help he could to manage his ADHD and aspergers, on top of that the schools have given him the support he needed, at 9 he couldn't read or write a word, with proper support here in Portugal he is top of its class and has not failed a single year, and in the first year he had to work harder because he had to play catch up to everybody else. 

So basically my sons were the main reason, second was that I missed home. Portugal is a good country to live, its relatively quiet and peaceful and  I wanted to go away from the hectic life of London, there's no life and work balance there. You're either working or stuck on traffic and there's just too much stress. I just wanted a quieter for me. My hometown in Portugal is smaller than my neighbourhood in London, so it puts things into perspective. 

I think you made a good choice then. I suffer from ADD which is pretty the same as ADHD w/o the hyperactivity. So I know a little what your sons is going through. Too much stress is never good I can say from experience.. Aquascaping is great way to escape hectic life for me.  I wish you and your family all the best and a great new start!

• Gosto 3

• 1 mês depois...
On 28/12/2017 at 9:27 PM, Nigel said:

I suffer from ADD which is pretty the same as ADHD w/o the hyperactivity. So I know a little what your sons is going through. 

Thanks Nigel, i know what he is going through as well as i have both ADHD and aspergers too, the worst part is i only found it when they told me that my son had it, to me his behaviour was normal as i had been the same all my life. Leaving London was great for me too, life is way more relaxed now and one of the things that kept me aquascaping over the years is i  find that it as a calming effect on me. 

That picture of the shrimp looks amazing mate, well done. 

• Gosto 1

Aquadesign blog

New Twinstar 450 e series for the ADA 45p. Lovely colors! Bought this already for the next rescape (brazil style). In that scape I will be using stems with colors so this led comes in handy. I like the design!
40318864531_e8539311fc_k.jpgnew twinstar e series by Nigel H, on Flickr

• Gosto 2

• 3 semanas depois...

First final shot is done. The photo is ok but it can improve a little more. Needs some time till the back fills in more, to have less negative space. But it feels good to have a good picture already in case something happens with the tank. When contests are over I will share the final shot with you guys :)

Here you can see my setup how I do final shots. I don't use my twinstar when doing final shot because it will block out light of my external flashes. I use a very small led flood light above the tank so I can still see the position of the fishes. It is a lot easier when you have a hanging kit. It takes a lot of pictures to get that one with the fish in right position. Even after 180 photos I don't have the perfect photo with them all being in a line. The black cardboard is to reduce the amount of light entering in the camera lens.
40751173031_c780344c9a_k.jpgfinal shot ada 45p setup by Nigel H, on Flickr

• Gosto 4

• 3 semanas depois...
First final shot is done. The photo is ok but it can improve a little more. Needs some time till the back fills in more, to have less negative space. But it feels good to have a good picture already in case something happens with the tank. When contests are over I will share the final shot with you guys :)
Here you can see my setup how I do final shots. I don't use my twinstar when doing final shot because it will block out light of my external flashes. I use a very small led flood light above the tank so I can still see the position of the fishes. It is a lot easier when you have a hanging kit. It takes a lot of pictures to get that one with the fish in right position. Even after 180 photos I don't have the perfect photo with them all being in a line. The black cardboard is to reduce the amount of light entering in the camera lens.
40751173031_c780344c9a_k.jpgfinal shot ada 45p setup by Nigel H, on Flickr
Looks amazing Nigel. And thanks for the details on how you do your photos as it's one of the things I really struggle. I guess I lack patience to take 180 photos.
Good luck with the contests.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

• Gosto 1

Aquadesign blog

On 02/04/2018 at 12:24, Bruno R. Carvalho disse:

Looks amazing Nigel. And thanks for the details on how you do your photos as it's one of the things I really struggle. I guess I lack patience to take 180 photos.
Good luck with the contests.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Thanks man I recently made a video about it what settings, equipment and setup I use. Yeah patience is needed for that "perfect" shot.

• Gosto 4

Great photos Nigel. And that photography tutorial is probably the best i have ever seen. It should come handy in the future, still a mess with my photos, that said i am not designing for contests so its really not so important.

Aquadesign blog

há 6 minutos, Bruno R. Carvalho disse:

Great photos Nigel. And that photography tutorial is probably the best i have ever seen. It should come handy in the future, still a mess with my photos, that said i am not designing for contests so its really not so important.

Thanks man! It's always nice to have "good" photos as a memory of your aquarium. Even if you don't participate in contests IMO. :)

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Thanks man! It's always nice to have "good" photos as a memory of your aquarium. Even if you don't participate in contests IMO. :)

True

Aquadesign blog

• 3 semanas depois...
  • 3 meses depois...