Portugal

Hello again.

I have been away from this website for many times, for many reasons, for many thoughts.

I decided to return today for many reasons..... I cannot forget Portugal!

I was invited to speak at a convention in September of 2008. I was asked to provide information about cihlids and the time I have spent learning about those fish. I attempted to provide that information to those that attended in person or through the WWW. Little did I know, Portugal had more for me, than I had for those fish keepers in Portugal.

I returned to the USA at the end of September 2008.

I spent an evening along the Tagus river after the final day of the convention. We had a very nice end to the convention, then everyone would come to the restaurant to celebrate our success. My traveling companion ordered some Sangria and the two of us enjoyed a nice breeze, drink, and wonderful music from restaurant. I lingered at the TAGUS and a special moment happened. I asked my companion to marry me, along the Tagus, and she said yes. Then the convention was closed and many people came to the restaurant... maybe some would think the story over......

I will never forget that night along the TAGUS river, the people, the talk, the many things that make it a memory that cannot be repeated in song.

Now, we returned to America, decided to marry in November.

Got too busy to talk to people that were still in Portugal...

I learned in November that my father has Cancer, Diane and I were married on 21 November 2008, and we dream of Portugal.

** Christmas and family needs come so quickly..........

** My father's health worsens....

** February 2009, my father dies........

Don't be sad...... I dream of Portugal......... We dream of Portugal.....

** Don't be sad about these events. This is how life occurs. I am not posting this to cause sadness.........

I wanted to say thank you for the time in Portugal and the LOVE learned there. I cannot wait until Diane and I return. You all have a Wonderfull country, many wonderul memories, much music (Mariza is great) and many things to be thankful for.

Diane and I will return very soon to Portugal, hopefully this year. I will return to this forum to let you know of the many things we experienced while there last year. I have a lot of photos, stories (yes, Interpol was involved) and just thanks to those of you that hepled us have a wonderful memeory of Portugal, and now a life-long memory of our time together...

;)!

I hope to see you again on this post.

Partilhar nas redes sociais

Hello Mr. Nielson,

please be very welcome.

Life is just like you said: moments and feelings, they all live with us for the rest of our lifes and we are better persons if we know how to grow and learn with them. I'm sorry for your lost, congratulations for you and Diane ;)

Please let us know and you come again, it will be a pleausure to be with you and Diane.

Kindest regards,

Vitor Melo

De tudo, ficaram 3 coisas: A certeza de que estamos sempre a comecar... A certeza de que é preciso continuar... A certeza de que seremos interrompidos antes de terminar... Portanto, devemos: Fazer da interrupcao, um caminho novo... Da queda, um passo de danca... Do medo, uma escada... Do sonho, uma ponte...E da procura um encontro...

Hello my good friend Ronald,

It's nice to "see" you back here. I am sorry for your father... this illness is terrible... and I know what I speak of because my family was also struck by it.

I am really happy that Portugal, and our aquarium community, made such a good impression in you and Diane. We were also very well impressed with both of you, and the other speakers of course, and it will be a huge pleasure to see you again, hopefully soon :)

Maybe even you can attend our next birthday celebration, but this time as a guest... not to work :D ;)

My late congratulations on your wedding, and it was really great to know that Portugal played such a special role on it :)

The warmest regards to you, Diane, and both your families.

JB

ONDE OUVISTE FALAR DO FÓRUM PELA 1ª VEZ? VOTA! - Discus - 1º Salgado - 2º Salgado - Dúvidas sobre aquariofilia devem ser colocadas no fórum e não enviadas por MP. Dúvidas/sugestões sobre o fórum devem ser colocadas nas Sugestões e Novidades do fórum.

Aqua Team: 20.563.645 Points  (Rank: #3304)       Join World Community Grid today! World Community Grid Logo

Here is perfect :D

ONDE OUVISTE FALAR DO FÓRUM PELA 1ª VEZ? VOTA! - Discus - 1º Salgado - 2º Salgado - Dúvidas sobre aquariofilia devem ser colocadas no fórum e não enviadas por MP. Dúvidas/sugestões sobre o fórum devem ser colocadas nas Sugestões e Novidades do fórum.

Aqua Team: 20.563.645 Points  (Rank: #3304)       Join World Community Grid today! World Community Grid Logo

Hey there Ron, how are you and Diane?

I am so sorry for your loss, you have my deepest sympathy. We know it's part of life, but it allways hurts when is comes down to someone close to us :)

And of course, congratulations on the weading (again :D)

Can't wait to see your pictures and hope to see you again soon. And of course, please do let us know when you were thining of returning to Portugal, we'd love to :yahoo: you plan the trip in anyway that we can ;)

Best regards from Portugal ;)

Miguel

• 4 semanas depois...

Hello Mr. Nielsen,

I'm so sorry about your loss, it's allways difficult when we loose someone so close to us.

Congratulations about your marriage, I hope you and Mrs. Diane be happy for a long time!

Best regards,

Fernando Freire

"It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime, what better place than here? What better time than now?"

It is the first that I come across this post and as I was reading it, I sensed shivers down my spine (some of us been there already).

I am very happy for you and you´re loved ones - sad as well for all the obvious reasons, but we all know, or at least should know, that death and whatever inherent to it comes as a part of life itself - and as I wrote before - some of us been there - never easy.

Glad Portugal gained a place in your mind and hope to hear you again soon.

Best of luck in the future and present,

Ricardo Fonseca

Editado por Ricardo.Fonseca

ShrimpRoom 31 aquas de Invertebrados Discus comunitário 950lts

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

De momento não poderei responder atempadamente a MPs, grato pela compreensão.