Olhe para o meu canal Obrigado!! http://www.youtube.com/nigelaquascaping

Dia 1 Hardscape & DSM

forest_scape_day_1_dsm.jpg

Dia 36

Dia 60
37401035212_5c1d62a398_k.jpgforest scape 128l day 60 p3 by Nigel H, on Flickr

Dia 75

Dia 95
37456657594_a6573e00f9_k.jpgday 95 forest aquascape by nigel aquascaping by Nigel H, on Flickr

Dia 115

Editado por Nigel
  • Gosto 5
  • Votar + 1
Partilhar nas redes sociais

Looks good Nigel, but im my opinion that right side need some work. The second and third "tree" counting from the right doesnt seem to fit properly on that european forest, plus the first and the third shows the tip and the others dont. But it looks awesome anyway :my_rolleyes:

And try a black background! It will benefit this scape imo, cause it will add some depht and infinite sense, especialy if you iluminate more at the front. 

If you wanna add another plant I think P. Helferi is a very "foresty" plant, it will add more naturality to the scape.

• Votar + 1

há 30 minutos, Gonçalo84 disse:

Looks good Nigel, but im my opinion that right side need some work. The second and third "tree" counting from the right doesnt seem to fit properly on that european forest, plus the first and the third shows the tip and the others dont. But it looks awesome anyway :my_rolleyes:

And try a black background! It will benefit this scape imo, cause it will add some depht and infinite sense, especialy if you iluminate more at the front. 

If you wanna add another plant I think P. Helferi is a very "foresty" plant, it will add more naturality to the scape.

Thanks for your feedback! I appreciate.

Much things I learned from this scape my next one will be better (I guess).

Hard to remove trees now they are deep in substrate. Would make a mess but you are right.

I am also adding some myriophyllum guyanai n the back to create more 3d effect as my slope is flat. That is a beautiful plant (p helferi).

I tried black background but my background is frosted doesn't look that nice. I like white more.

• Gosto 2

Nice job nigel, looks awesome! I have no skill at all with aquascaping, but reading gonçalo's comment it remind me portuguese pinewood forest (before burning down to the ground this summer), just plane vertical trees with no low brunches and some sparce bushes. Not so many roots though, but in dense dark zones comes pretty near i guess. Those he refers and the big one on middle looking more from an oak forest to me:-p You can google for pinhal de leiria (forest images) and for medronheiro, tojos, camarinhas for bushes examples. Keep updating those awesome pics too :-)

• Gosto 1

Wow Nigel, Congratulations First of all, welcome to our Forum Now returning to your aquarium, it is good to open a topic and give up with faces with fantastic works like yours ...

I also believe how Goncalo said that you could have improved, but do not stop making a person drool to look at him hehehe

I will follow the evolution

• Gosto 1

Hello Nigel, must apreciated your participation here! Mind my english errors but will try my best!

This aquarium is still working? Did you enter any aquascaping contests this year?

Would you give us more info on the setup of this tank like this (feel free to copy ):

Setup - freshwater aquarium:

Setup - Freshwater Aquarium 

1 - Name of the Aquarium: 

2 - Date of assembly :

3 - Dimensions of the aquarium :
3.1 - Gross and useful volumes

4 - Installed Equipment :
4.1 - Filter
4.2 - Thermostat
4.3 - Lighting / Photo-period
4.4 - CO2 system
4.5 - Other additional equipment

5 - Substrates & decorations: 
5.1 - Fertile substrate
5.2 - Inert Substrate
5.3 - Decorations (stones, wood, etc.)

6 - Fertilization (used fertilizers and fertilization plan)

7 - Fauna:
7.1 - Quantity and species
7.2 - Quantity and species

8 - Plants: 
8.1 - Quantity and species
8.2 - Quantity and species

9 - Comments :
9.1 - Parameters of water (pH, gH, kH, NO2, NO3, NH3 / NH4, temperature)
9.2 - Frequency of WC 

10 - Photos:

há 11 horas, Tozé Nunes disse:

Hello Nigel, must apreciated your participation here! Mind my english errors but will try my best!

Hey don't worry I understand it ;). You can also use portuguese I can use translate.

Citação

This aquarium is still working? Did you enter any aquascaping contests this year?

Aquarium is still running and will still run for another year. Tank wasn't ready for contests this year but I will enter next year. Will be my first time entering contest. Would be awesome to achieve top 500 IAPLC.

Setup - Freshwater Aquarium 

1 - Name of the Aquarium: 
Nige's forest scape 128L

2 - Date of assembly :

2 August 2017

3 - Dimensions of the aquarium :
3.1 - Gross and useful volumes
80x40x40 cm / 128L

4 - Installed Equipment :
4.1 - Filter
Eheim experience 350
4.2 - Thermostat
Hydor eth 200
4.3 - Lighting / Photo-period
6,5 hours / 30-40 par
4.4 - CO2 system
pressurized

5 - Substrates & decorations: 

Ada aqua soil

5.3 - Decorations (stones, wood, etc.)
Lava rock and spiderwood

6 - Fertilization (used fertilizers and fertilization plan)
Tropica specialsied ferts (green bottle)

7 - Fauna:
7.1 - Quantity and species
20 green neon tetra
100+ red cherry shrimp
10 amano's (recently added)

8 - Plants: 
hydrocotyle tripartita
cryptocoryne parva

fissidens fontanus
fissidens mini
solenostoma tetragonum
Bucephalandra

9 - Comments :
9.1 - Parameters of water (pH, gH, kH, NO2, NO3, NH3 / NH4, temperature)
No testing ;)

9.2 - Frequency of WC 
70% once a week

Editado por Nigel
  • Gosto 2

It looks much better. Still, only after planting will we have a better perspective of the layout. I think I would remove the 2nd wood on the left, and the 2nd on the right. It would look much cleaner and qith a better view to the back of the forest. Like this looks too closed.

• Gosto 1

• 2 semanas depois...

Nigel, Nigel 

Your are spoiling us mate. They call Filipe Oliveira the tree man. 

For sure you must be the forest man, as every tank i have seen from you is a forest, and each one is better than the last. Keep spoiling us, i may get some ideas for a future project from you. 

Aquadesign blog

Aquadesign by aquamaniac youtube

you can stop me...but you can't stop us all

há 10 horas, Bruno R. Carvalho disse:

Nigel, Nigel 

Your are spoiling us mate. They call Filipe Oliveira the tree man. 

For sure you must be the forest man, as every tank i have seen from you is a forest, and each one is better than the last. Keep spoiling us, i may get some ideas for a future project from you. 

Hello Bruno,

Thanks for your compliment. I really like forest styles so it's an honour :). I do love other styles to like mountain scape or the "brazilian style" scape but I mainly have wood in my hardscape stock. I still have much to learn and first want to master the forest styles before moving to another style. Hope to inspire you some day for a next project!

Regards,

Nigel

• Gosto 1

• 4 semanas depois...

Tried my macro lens again not the best shots but good enough for sharing I think!

They are not the most beautiful shrimp but very effective in cleaning the tank!

39034662085_a3fabcb3a0_k.jpgamano shrimp by nigel aquascaping by Nigel H, on Flickr
28153011069_c947316124_k.jpgred cherry shrimp by nigel aquascaping by Nigel H, on Flickr

• Gosto 5

• 4 semanas depois...
há 1 hora, buedamau disse:

Awesome! A few bugs there instead of fish and it would definitely trick me :-) nice picture too!

Indeed.

há 15 horas, Nigel disse:

Almost ready for the final shot! :)
39490425075_055f08fb0c_k.jpgdetail shot forest scape by nigel aquascaping by Nigel H, on Flickr

Great photo. Just amazing. Congratulations.

• Gosto 1

Love those fish, a little shy, but very resiliant and good schoolars.

• Gosto 1

há 2 horas, Inácio Sanches disse:

Bye bye red cherrys emoji51.png.... GBR are great shrimp hunters, that said, beautiful fish emoji106.png

I transfered a lot of them to my ada 45p. I saw them hunting but they are very slow lol. RCS are faster so far as I can see. Thanks!

• Gosto 1